Monday, May 3

Retro Classics... Part IV

Now it's time for my fourth and final installment of Retro Bollywood Classics. So far I've posted many of my favorites and even a few new discoveries.

Unse Pyaar Ho Gaya from Badal (1951)


Madhubala charms in this sweet song! She's so beautiful in this song. I love her expressions and her happiness!

Mera Joota Hai Japani from Shree 420 (1955)


Is there any Bolylwood fan who is not aware of this song? This song is a classic and will always be. Raj Kapoor is know as a master filmmaker not without reason. This song is simple yet says so much.

Ramaya Vasta Vaya from Shree 420 (1955)


Another Raj Kapoor classic. I just love the simplicity of this song. Even without any fancy music, this song still manages to capture the heart.

Mere Sapne Mein Aana Re from Rajhat (1956)


Madhubala looks beautiful as a Rajput-style princess. I love the innocence and the simplicity of this song.

Jahan Main Jaati Hoon from Chori Chori (1956)


I remember watching the video if this song when I was little. I loved the puppet parts so much I even tried my hand at it (and failed miserably!) Anyway, this song brings back so many cherished memories.

Sar Par Topi Laal from Tumsa Nahi Dekha (1957)


One person makes this song - Shammi Kapoor. I just love his cool attitude and fun loving spirit!

Achha Ji Main Haari from Kalapani (1958)


Can Madhubala be any cuter? She is absolutely adorable in this song as she tries to calm her rootha lover!

Ruk Jao Naa Jee from Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958)


Another song made special by Madhubala.

Bade Hain Dil Ke Kaale from Dil Dheke Dekho (1958)


A young and fresh-faced Asha Parekh tries to resist the charming Shammi Kapoor in this song. As a side note, I really like their pairing. They were amazing in Teesri Manzil as well!

Khoya Khoya Chand from Kala Baazar (1960)


Dev Anand at his charming and romantic best. I really love the innocence and cuteness that Nutan adds to this song.

Mohabbat Ki Jhooti Kahani from Mughal-e-Azam (1960)


This is such a classic song from an iconic movie. All of the songs from Mughal-e-Azam are spectacular. It was very difficult to choose just one!

Abhi Naa Jao Choodkar from Hum Do (1961)


I love Sadhna's innocence and Dev Anand's charm in this melodious song.

Koi Humdam Na Raha from Jhumroo (1961)


This is such a soulful song by Kishore Kumar. I couldn't find a video of the complete song. Even then just listening to this song conveys it message beautifully.

Yamma Yamma from China Town (1962)


Helen and Shammi Kapoor - How could I resist?

Humse Na Poocho from China Town (1962)


Ladies and Gentlemen, the charming Shammi Kapoor once again.

Mora Gora Ang Laile from Bandini (1963)


This song is so simple, yet so meaningful and melodious. I love Nutan's expressions with Lata Mangeshkar's voice.

Tujhko Mera Pyar Pukare from Gumraah (1963)


The handsome Sunil Dutt and the charming Mala Sinha truely make this song Retro Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment