Monday, May 31

Favorite Commercials - Classics

Over the years there comes along certain commercials that just win your heart. Growing up in Bombay, these were the commercials that I grew up watching. After a while, these commercials became classics. I'd like to share with you all of these classic commercials which make me smile even today!

Vicco Vajradanti - Toothpaste and Tooth Powder


Every time we went to watch a movie, this commercial played in the theater. After a while, I even memorized the lyrics! This commercials is ageless!

Vicco Turmeric


Another ageless commercial from the Vicco family. This is another commercial that was a regular at the movie theaters while I was growing up. The jingle is timeless! Vicco Turmeric nahi cosmetic, Vicco Turmeric ayurvedic creme! As a plus this commercial stars the beautiful Mrinal Kulkarni, who was last seen essaying the role of Choti Rani in the TV show Raja Ki Ayegi Baraat.

Complan


I love the song that the mom sings in the commercial highlighting the mischief that her growing children are up to. After I watched this commercial, I wanted to try Complan just so that I could sing out loud - I'm a Complan Girl and you're a Complan Mummy! This commercial stars the adorable Ayesha Takia and the cute Shahid Kapoor.

Liril


The Liril song is timeless! Even the new commercials have the same song and the same theme. I remember forcing my mom to get me Liril just so I could sing the Liril song while I showered! La La La La...!

Lijjat Pappad


The singing bunnies used to crack me up every sing time! This is another classic commercial that played on Door Darshan constantly. Khurram Khaaram... I just noticed that this commercial stars Shweta Tiwari who became a household name when she played the part of Prerna is Kasautii Zindigi Kay. In fact, this is one product that I still use and still love!

Fevicol


This is where we got the famous 'dum lagake haisha zor lagake haisha.' When I was little my friends and I would play tug-of-war and almost automatically would start screaming out those words. I was surprised to see Rajkumar Hirani star in this commercial!

Vicks


I practically grew up eating the Vicks ki Goli and singing Vicks ki goli lo, khich khich door karo! I love the graphical representation of the gale mein khich khich. This commercial makes me smile every time!

Nirma


Nirma commercials are so timeless. The models may change. The setting may change. But the Nirma jingle stays the same. Every time I watch this commercial, I just can't help myself. I just have to sing along! I couldn't find an old Nirma commercial so I have jingle instead.

Surf


I love this Lalitaji commercial. I love the way Lalitaji conveys the facts about Surf and puts to ease all of the doubts that the suthradhar presents.

Surf Ultra


This a relatively newer commercial for Surf. The catch phrase - Dhoondte Reh Jaoge became such a craze! I remember pointing out to stains and saying the phrase with the finger movement just the mom and the kids. BTW the little boy in the video is none other than Kunal Khemu.

Tata Tea


This commercial copies the setting of the most iconic songs of the time - Chumma Chumma De De starring the Big B and Kimi Katkar. The commercial stars Anu Agarwal, who made her mark with Aashiqui, and Javed Jaffrey.

Lifebuoy


Lifebuoy hai jahan, tandurusti hai wahan... The Lifebuoy jingle is another one of those jingles that has stayed the same over all these years. I've grown up watching this commercial and singing this song. And yes whenever I used Lifebuoy, I'd automatically sing the song!

Bajaj


Bajaj is truly an Indian company. When thinking of Bajaj commercials, how can a person not sing humara Bajaj....

Revive


I remember watching this commercial when I was little! I even tried to make a tent just like the little kid in the commercial. But my grandmother caught me just in time!

Dhara


How can you not fall in love with Parzan Dastur after you watch this commercial? He is so cute as the little kid who runs from home. I love when his eyes light up when he hears that his mom made some garama-garam jalebis!

Ajanta Clocks


We used to have a little coo-coo clock when I was little but it stopped working after a while. When I watched this commercial, I begged my mom to get a musical clock once again. I love the cute Granny in this commercial and the music!

Leher Pepsi


This was the commercial that came up with the jingle - yahi hai right choice baby... Aha! I totally remember watching this commercial, wide-eyed, taking in the lavish setting and the models in red! I was mesmerized!

Special Mention

Mile Sur Mera Tumhara


This songs highlights India's unity in diversity. Listening to this song and watching the video brings back so many memories which is why I am not a fan of the revised, modern version this inspirational song. Please check out Phir Mile Sur Hamara Tumhara and form your own opinion about it.

3 comments:

  1. very good compilation......like it.


    +1d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any Vijaya butter commercial videos? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can anyone please help and let me know which composition by j s bach , is an inspiration for the vintage commercial of ajanta clocks

    ReplyDelete