Sunday, April 11

Retro Classics... Part I

Lately, I've been posting Retro Bollywood classic songs on my twitter. So I figured why not have a little list for every week?! I'm still new at this, so my listing may not be perfect. I'll learn as I do this more often. There are going to be at least 30 of this Retro Classics in total. So I'll recap the songs I've tweeted so far...

Eena Meena Dika from Aasha (1957)
I've loved this song ever since I was little. Kishore Kumar adds so much fun and masti to this song but then again he did that to most of his songs!


Ek Ladki Bheegi Bhagi Si from Chalti Ka Naam Gadi (1958)
How beautiful is Madhu Bala?! That's what I thought when I first saw this song.
This song is just such a classic!


Babuji Dheere Chalna from Aar Par (1954)
A Guru Dutt classic. The dancer is so gorgeous in this song!
Her ada is just amazing...


Haal Kaisa Hai Janab Ka From Chalti Ka Naam Gadi (1958)
This song sums up fun and teasing! Love the chemistry between Madhu Bala
and Kishore Kumar in this fun number.


Jawaniyan Yeh Mast Mast from Tumsa Nahi Dekha (1957)
Shammi Kapoor. Need I say more!


Ayeyee Mehreban from Howrah Bridge (1958)
Madhu Bala and her ada!


Piya Aiso Jiya Mein from Sabih Biwi Aur Ghulam (1962)
Meena Kumari is so beautiful and graceful in this song. I love the
way this song shows a wife lovingly getting ready for her husband.


Aaja Piya Tohe Pyaar Doon from Baharon Ke Sapne (1967)
Lata Mangeshkar's voice in this song is just so pure and touching.
Asha Parekh and Rajesh Kumar aptly perform to this song.


Chood Do Aanchal from Paying Guest (1957)
Dev Anad and Nutan in this classic. The teasing and flirting,
yes flirting, is so cute!


Chunari Sambhal Gori from Baharon Ke Sapne (1967)
Love the fast feel this song has! I have to dance every time
I hear this song!


Ghadi Ghadi Mora Dil Dhadke from Madhumati (1958)
Madhumati was the first Retro movie that I watched. I loved the
story and the songs, needless to say!

Bol Mere Taqdir Mein Kya Hai from Hariyali Aur Rasta (1962)
Mala Sinha is so graceful in this and accompanying her is the
handsome (yes, Handsome!) Manoj Kumar.


No comments:

Post a Comment